Historic Key West Inns is committed to creating a safe environment for you to browse and make online reservations. Your trust and confidence is our top priority. Our privacy statement discloses the privacy practices for http://www.historickeywestinns.com/. This website has been developed to provide our customers with information to select and book a vacation safely on-line. This privacy notice applies to information we collect or receive about you through the website or otherwise. By visiting this website and by submitting information to us you agree that we may collect, use and disclose your information in accordance with this policy.
What Information do we collect?
Historic Key West Inns is the sole owner of the personal information collected on this site. The term “personal information” in this Policy refers to information that does or is capable of identifying you as an individual. The types of personal information that we process (which may vary by jurisdiction based on applicable law) include:
- Your name, gender, home and work contact details, business title, date and place of birth, nationality, and passport and visa information;
- Guest stay information, including the hotels where you have stayed, date of arrival and departure, goods and services purchased, special requests made, observations about your service preferences (including room and holiday preferences), telephone numbers dialed and faxes and telephone messages received;
- Your credit card details, online user account details, profile or password details and any frequent flyer or travel partner program affiliation;
- Any information necessary to fulfill special requests (e.g., health conditions that require specific accommodation, purchase of goods and services);
- Information you provide regarding your marketing preferences or in the course of participating in surveys, contests or promotional offers;
- Information collected through the use of closed circuit television systems, card key and other security systems; and
- Contact and other relevant details concerning the employees of corporate accounts and vendors and other individuals with whom we do business (e.g., travel agents or meeting and event planners).
- Information about your location with your consent
Cookies and Do-Not Track
We allow selected third parties to place cookies through the Site to provide us with better insights into the use of the Site or user demographics or to provide relevant advertising to you. These third parties may collect information about a consumer’s online activities over time and across different websites when he or she uses our website. We may also permit third party service providers to place cookies through our Site to perform analytic or marketing functions where you are notified of them and you have consented to the usage. These cookies may stay on your browser into the future until they expire or you delete them. We do not control the use of such third party cookies or the resulting information and we are not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties.
We use Display Advertising and Remarketing services through the Google AdWords network and the Microsoft Bing network to advertise online. Visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using Ads Settings. Third-party vendors, including Google and Bing, show our ads on sites across the Internet. Historic Key West Inns and third-party vendors, including Google and Microsoft, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on someone’s past visits to our website. Visitors may use the Google Analytics opt-out Browser add on and the Microsoft opt-out choices page to opt-out of these advertisements online.
We do not use technology that responds to “Do Not Track” settings on your web browser.
What do we use your information for?
We use automatically collected site use information for analytical purposes including, for example, to learn about trends among our site visitors, which parts of the site are accessed most frequently or to determine which aspects of our properties are most attractive to users.
We may use specific information you provide to help us customize our communications with you and improve our service to you when you visit any of our properties, to conduct market research, customer satisfaction and quality assurance surveys and to direct marketing and sales promotions. For instance, if you inform us of a room or service preference, we will attempt to satisfy that request when you visit us in the future and may send you promotions relating to that preference if you choose to receive such communications from us.
We may use third parties to build and manage these communication and preference systems, and our arrangements with these third parties prohibit them from disclosing your personal information or from using your information for any purpose other than to provide the service to us.
We may use the personal information we collect from you in order to:
- provide and charge for the hotel accommodation and other goods and services you purchase;
- provide you with a better, more personalized level of service;
- administer our newsletter program;
- fulfill contractual obligations to you, anyone involved in the process of making your travel arrangements (e.g., travel agents, group travel organizers or your employer) and vendors (e.g., credit card companies, airline operators and other loyalty programs);
- conduct market research, customer satisfaction and quality assurance surveys, direct marketing and sales promotions;
- respond to requests for information and services;
- provide for the safety and security of staff, guests and other visitors;
- administer general record keeping;
- meet legal and regulatory requirements; and
- improve our website.
Access to your information and your choices.
You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- change/correct any data we have about you
- ask us to delete any data we have about you
- share any concern you have about our use of your data
- unsubscribe from our newsletter
You can choose to receive our newsletter by submitting your email address on the site.
You can choose to delete or block cookies by setting your browser to either reject all cookies or to allow cookies only from selected sites. If you block cookies performance of the site may be impaired and certain features may not function at all.
How do we protect your information?
We have implemented reasonable technical, administrative and physical safeguards to protect your information. We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software to secure the transmission of your credit card information. We use VeriSign security protection for on line reservations. Off line, your information is only provided to our employees who need it to respond to your requests. Even with all of these precautions we cannot guarantee the absolute security of any information that you disclose online, and you do so at your own risk.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We reveal personal information about you to unaffiliated third parties if:
- you request or authorize it;
- the information is provided to help complete a transaction for you;
- the disclosure is done as part of a changeover in ownership or management of a hotel or restaurant to a third party;
- the information is provided to our agents, outside vendors or service providers to perform functions on our behalf (e.g., managing our online reservations feature, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing customer service, processing orders, etc.);or
Our site is not intended nor designed to be attractive to use by children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13 please do not submit any information to us.
The information we may receive is held on our computers and systems in the United States and may be accessed by or given to our staff working in the United States. Your information may be processed by us in the United States where laws regarding data protection may be less stringent than those in other countries.
Third party links
Third party Internet sites available through advertising and other links on our site have separate privacy and data collection practices. If you click on a link found on our site or on any other website, you should always look at the location bar within your browser to determine whether you have been linked to a different website. This Policy, and our responsibility, is limited to our own information collection practices. We are not responsible for, and cannot always ensure, the information collection practices or privacy policies of other websites maintained by third parties or our service providers where you submit your personal information directly to such websites. In addition, we cannot ensure the content of the websites maintained by these third parties or our service providers, even if accessible using a link from our websites. We urge you to read the privacy and security policies of any external sites before providing any personal information while accessing those sites.
How will you know if we update this Policy?
From time to time we may need to make changes to our information practices or alter the functionality of our web site. You are responsible for staying alert of changes in this statement. The policy in effect at the time you use the Site governs how we may use your information. If we make material changes we will post the revised policy and the revised effective date on this site. Please check back here from time to time to review any changes.
This site is owned by Historic Key West Inns. You can contact us in writing at 409 Angela Street | Key West, FL 33040; or by telephone at 305.294.5229; for Reservations please call 800.549.4430.
Effective Date: 12/21/2018
Reservation Policies | Key West Lodging
For most bookings, a deposit of one night’s room charge with tax, is required at booking. Cancellations can be made up to 7 days before arrival, without penalty. Cancellations made within 7 days of arrival will forfeit the reservation deposit.
During Fantasy Fest and New Years Eve, reservation policies are more restrictive. Reservations for these dates require full prepayment upon booking. Cancellations must be made 30 days in advance of arrival in order to receive a deposit refund.
We accept VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover cards, cash, or travelers checks in US currency. Payment in full is collected at check-in.
The credit card used to reserve the room, plus identification, must be presented at check-in. If the credit card holder is different than the registered guest, we will require authorization from the cardholder prior to check-in. We use a credit card authorization agreement form for this purpose. The required information must be received by the hotel prior to guest check-in, in order for the third party credit card to be accepted for payment.
Check-In / Check-Out
Reception desk hours for check-in are between 3pm and 10pm. Check-out is before 11am. Late arrivals can be accommodated by calling ahead on your arrival date before 10pm.
For the comfort of all guests, and the preservation of our historic buildings, all guestrooms are non-smoking. We do require strict compliance with our smoking policy in all rooms and interior spaces. Guests are welcome to smoke on porches, patios, and outdoor areas. Ashtrays are placed in those areas for convenience.
Best Inns for Families
Families traveling with children are welcome at five of the six Historic Key West Inns. Please note that we cannot add additional beds, such as a “roll-away”, to guestrooms. When making your reservation, be sure to book a room that has the bedding arrangement you need. Inns that have a selection of guestrooms with two beds include Chelsea House (2 Queen Rooms), Lighthouse Court Hotel (2 Queen Rooms), Merlin Guesthouse (1 and 2 Bedroom Cottages) and Albury Court Hotel (2 Queen Rooms). We can provide a portable crib to any guestroom upon request. Cypress House is our adults only hotel.