We are a couple who choose to vacation in Key West, a first time visit for both of us. We stayed in a room in the Richard Kemp House of the Cypress House Hotel.
1) Quaint ‘historical’ room
2) Room/bed/bath was clean and comfortable. Air conditioner worked
3) Location, one block off Duval, 4 blocks from gulf side/small beach
4) Rate affordable compared to others
5) Very helpful and personable staff
1) Towels (original and replacements) were thick, but surprisingly scratchy
2) Since our room fronted on Caroline, we were awoken several times during the night by traffic noise, but it was not unbearable
1) Pool was decent size for a dip. Comfortable seating
2) Sangria or Margaritas in the evenings and light appetizers were nice touches
3) Coffee available till about 8:00 pm and fruit kept out in the kitchen area
4) Breakfast was basic continental-style consisting of cereals, toast, bagels, muffins, yogurt, etc. and a daily special
Address: We booked thru the internet and my confirmation email print-out had “Cypress House Hotel” at the top; HOWEVER the address and telephone at the bottom of the confirmation was for the Key Lime Inn. This is NOT the hotel’s fault. My email had the correct address, but my home printer did not print the page correctly. Just FYI.
Parking: Discounted $10/night parking rate at garage about 4 blocks away. The fee was not an issue for me because I expect to pay parking in resort areas plus it was a boutique hotel. Old-Town Key West is very walkable and mopeds/bicycles are available for rent.
Internet: Originally was not available unless I stood on the porch, in the hallway or the pool area. When I brought to the front desk’s attention, they had the connection up and running by the time we returned a few hours later.By: Jerald Sanders on September 6, 2016
Hotel Reviewed: Cypress House Hotel
4 / 5