- Laura from Spain very helpful with check in
- Parking in back to unload and then parking in lot 2 blocks away is good option given such limited parking in area.
- Room 3 D worked pretty well but pretty small. Minor issues such as: Had a bench but needed it for suitcase so no chair. A wardrobe for clothing by each side of bed worked. Small shelves on each wardrobe held small things like phone, pocket stuff. However, no table or chest in room. May have been handicap room since bath was large. Putting a small table in the bath would help overall. A folding chair would have even helped too. We put the ice bucket on the tub rather than floor?
- Setting was very nice with multiple buildings among beautiful landscaping and nice pool area larger than we expected. Brick walkways added to ambiance. Everything well maintained and fast clean up after heavy winds/rain. Simply very nice old Florida feel and very clean and workman working on little items to keep it updated.
- We enjoy light healthy breakfast with yogurt, fruit, breads, great coffee, sweet rolls.
- Nice little mojito bar indoors by pool offered good drinks. No food. Marina treated us well!
- Location is good 1 block off Duval. About 5 blocks to southernmost point, which is smaller area than we expected. People get in line for a fast pic and then move on. Mallory square is about 12 blocks in opposite direction. Fun walk up Duval st. with all the shops and restaurants-we enjoy walking. There are plenty of cabs and bicycle taxis for those desiring a ride.
- We toured the Hemingway House across from hotel, road the open air tour bus, and went thru the Truman White House. 3 part ticket was about $55 each. We also visited the free eco museum about preserving the reef and underwater environment. Is on walk to Fort Zachary which is also free and worth an hour or two. Unique history. Zachary Beach is just past Fort. It had a few more rocks in the sand but we really liked this medium sized beach. Lots of snorkeling along rock walls. Fishing allowed at far right end with license. Fairly crowded in a good way. Has a state operated carry out sandwich shop and chair concession. Lots of parking but it did fill up. Some seemed to walk and hit the sites along the way and then took a cab back to Duval area. Higgs Beach has nicer sand and full service restaurant. Next to a large resort hotel so also busy and more upscale clientele maybe. The big city beach/park with long pier was not very busy but also had a restaurant and young adults playing volleyball. Just a few people sunbathing here and there. May be used by more locals but not sure.
- Great restaurants but you have to check reviews. Good late night music at Kevin’s Irish joint. Everyone hits the long pier/restaurant by Mallory square for drinks, light dinner, sunset.
- Key West was great trip for us for the history, beaches, variety of food/restaurants, later night music. Temperatures nice in low 80’s – warmer than usual for January. The Old Town section of the island near Duval has great old Florida vibe and very walkable. The newer section has more large commercial/chain stores and hotels/traffic etc and not as appealing to us.
By: Tim Fischesser on January 30, 2017
Hotel Reviewed: Lighthouse Court Hotel Reviews & Testimonials
4 / 5